1920 Philadelphia Toboggan Company, PTC #53
4-Row Carousel with 68 horses
Currently in storage – Ready for restoration.
This huge four-row, all horse carousel first operated in Rittersville, PA, from 1020-1950 at Central Park. From there the historic carousel moved to Tampa, Florida, where it was the center of attention at the Super Test Oil Company gas station and roadside amusement attraction. The 53rd carousel built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company, this merry-go-round has 68 horses jumping and standing and two chariots on a large four-row platform, all surrounded by detailed and artful trim from the inside out.