Rare Historic 1949 Hennecke German Auto Carousel
All Original Frame, Drive, Trim and Center Band
Needs Some TLC – Available “As Is” or Fully Restored
This is a very large ride. It has 1930 Indy race cars, 1940 midget race cars, a school bus, a Peugeot Opel convertible, a Dallas police car, a fire truck with a fireman on a ladder, 6 1940s style motorcycles, 6 motors cooters, 2 Buck Rogers-style rocket ships, 2 1960-style Corvettes. Many of the vehicles have working head lights, tail lights and horns.
• GREAT HISTORY - Purchased in 1994 from “Big Tex”, the Texas State Fair in Dallas, where it had operated from 1959. Previously it had operated at Palisades Park in New Jersey for whom it was said to have been custom built in 1949. The ride has been in safe storage for the past 25 years.
• 1949-1959: Palisades Amusement Park, Fort Lee, New Jersey.
• 1959-1994: Big Tex” Texas State Fair, Dallas, Texas.
• 1994-2015: Storage, Chicago area, Illinois.
It is said the ride was custom-built for Palisades Park.
VEHICLE LIST - 1 – Fire Truck (with ladder and fireman) 2 – 1940s Midget Race Cars 2 – 1930 Indy Race Cars 1 – Opel Convertible 2 – Hot Rods 2 – 1960s Corvettes 2 – Buck Rodgers space ships 6 – 1940s Motorcycles 6 – Motor Scooters 1 – School Bus 1 – Police Car
ORIGINAL CENTER and TRIM -
• Center Crown with Three-Piece Band. • All Rounding Murals and Shields (with original paint). • Original Posts with Lighted Arch Cascade for each.
FRAME - Complete Frame and Drive Mechanism.
VIDEO OF A SIMILAR HENNECKE AUTO RIDE